Click here to buy your Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-license COURSES !
The Alabama Real Estate Commission requirements for getting broker’s license are listed below in the order they are to be completed:
- The first step is to determine if you are qualified. The law requires that you have had an active salesperson license for a minimum of 24 of the previous 36 months. It is beneficial to complete a Request for Determination of Broker Eligibility and let the real estate Commission notify you of your current status.
- The next step is to complete a 60-hour Broker Prelicense Course
- Successfully pass a proctored exam that is given by the school. We do not charge for this exam; however since our proctored exams are usually administered by a public library in your home town, the library may charge a small fee to cover some of their expenses. The most I have seen charged is $35. Most libraries will only charge a fee for the use of copier and fax. The proctored exam is hand written and consist of 100 questions that you must correctly answer 75.
- Upon passing the proctored exam, I will issue credit for you with the Alabama Real Estate Commission; and with Amplified Measuring Professionals (AMP-the State selected testing company).
- Once the credits have been issued and received by the Commission and AMP, I email the student instructions for setting up the state exam.
- Upon successfully completing the state exam with a passing score of 70 or better, the student may apply for a broker’s license through the Alabama Real Estate Commission. The student is directed through this process.